"Clearing The Air"
The Facts About Gel Candles
Are gel candles safe?
Yes, even though gel burns hotter than traditional paraffin wax they can be very safe when used properly, in fact more accidents and fires are reported using paraffin wax candles
Are your wicks made of lead?
No. Our wicks are made with Zinc..
What are gel candles made of'?
Our gel candles are made with a unique patented gel which consists of white mineral oil and 2% copolymer resin.
Can gel candles explode?
Irresponsible candle makers (mostly foreign) have flooded the shelves at dollar stores and discount retailers with poor quality gel candles made in unsafe containers which can cause them to break, aka 'explosions'. Even paraffin wax candles can cause this.
Are your gel candles made in USA?
Yes. All of our candles are made in Ocala, USA since 2002
Are your wicks anchored to the bottom?
Yes. All our wicks are attached to the bottom for safety. If you currently own a gel candle that has a wick not anchored, please do not use! This candle was made improper and is unsafe for burning use!
Yes, only if constructed with a double wall. The Gel Candle Company is one of the first companies to introduce gel candle designs that are double walled with extra glass to allow tea light use safely from the start. No clean up, just remove and replace tea light when extinguished. Never use a gel candle that has decorations or embedded objects in the gel with a wick in it's burn path! Unfortunately this is still being made by some companies but ill advised for use. Safety is number one with The Gel Candle Company!
Do gel candles burn longer?
Yes, gel candles are made with white mineral oil and burn up to fives times longer than paraffin wax and soy making them the longest burn candle medium.
Can you really smell the gel candle scent while burning?
Yes. You will smell the same scent from top to bottom.
Are your gel candle designs refillable?
Yes. Our company's forever candles are double walled and constructed this way to use tea light candles only.
Careless consumers can cause just as much damage as careless manufacturers. Never leave a burning candle unattended - and never touch a burning candle!